Friday, November 9, 2012

My composition


Should parents support their children to study abroad

A hundred years ago, in the University of Cambridge in England, Shihui Wang, Who became to be the most famous poem of China later in the 1940s’, wrote in his diary that: “Studying abroad has broaden my horizons by challenging me to get out of my comfort home and suffering a foreign culture shock!” From that time when China opened it gate to the world, millions of Chinese has come across the great continent and the ocean to realize their dreams. Nowadays, more and more Chinese parents are sending their children aboard to study in the foreign school, and many other parents are negative to the streams of Chinese students going abroad. Considering this, I wrote this article because I want to persuade those parents who are forbidding their children leaving China to make children’s dream come true.


Some parents are worried that those who are going abroad are getting younger and younger. They might ask these questions: Are students old enough to take care of themselves? Are they able to self-control? And more basically, these parents are worrying are they going to be safe alone? For me, I think this should not be an excuse to stop children going aboard, because we all know that the studying pressure of foreign countries are greater than students in China. This will force the children to study for themselves and work harder than before; even they are young or alone.

Some other parents say that it is too hard to afford the cost of their children studying aboard. It is true that the cost of living in a foreign and developed country, like the United States, is much higher than in China. But we should say that if we think of studying aboard as an investment, the future return will be much higher than the interest of the money in the bank, more than that, the return of the studying aboard investment is like the government bond, which is risk free. WHAT IS THE INVESTMENT? WHAT IS THE RETURN???

I often hear complaints from my parents that are I going to stay in the United States and have family here? They are worrying that I am going to leave my country and them to start my life in a foreign country. Just like me, some of my friends’ parents also have this kind of anxiety. Actually, the decision of where to live depends on person. if I would think I can make living in the United States and could be living better than in China, I think my parents should support me. But as China is a high speed developing country right now, I think the best decision for most of Chinese students should be going back after finish studying. According to the China Daily, the employees with the oversea studying background have a high rate of promoting than the local school graduates in China.

Despite of the negative aspects of studying aboard, Parents should understand the idea that the experience of living in a foreign country could change their kids for many positive ways, for example, they will learn how to self-control, they will knew the hard of making lives; they will get much more developed knowledge and practice skill than studying in China. Overall, I think that studying aboard is more positive than negative to not only the students, but also to their parents. So Parents should support their children to study abroad.

No comments:

Post a Comment